Doubts about text formatting and css

Hi Everyone, I have few doubts about text formatting and css, please help me with the same...
1. Use of toHTML(), and text() function with example when using color formatting, if it returns only html or css text back, does'nt apply color formatting? How do I use it in real application? And if I want to put css in SAIL form, how can I do the same?
2. text(38353, "mmm/dd/yyyy") returns Jan/04/2140, how this text function is working given in documentation as an example?

OriginalPostID-187613

OriginalPostID-187613

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @varunb I am not sure that your question is answered with respect to usage of toHtml() or text(). Yes, the formatting or colour formatting is definitely applied and we can also see it as well, but this could be seen only in Forms designed using Forms Designer. For instance, you can also go through the 'Color Formatting' section at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.11/Text_Functions.html#text.28.29 - it says that 'The formatting you apply can include one of the colors listed in the following table, when using Rich Text components such as Message and Paragraph form components.' These components are nothing but the components that will be used in Forms Designer. If you want to use these features, please go ahead with the forms designed using Forms Designer but please do bear in mind that usage of Forms Designer is not appreciated.
  • @varunb I am not sure that your question is answered with respect to usage of toHtml() or text(). Yes, the formatting or colour formatting is definitely applied and we can also see it as well, but this could be seen only in Forms designed using Forms Designer. For instance, you can also go through the 'Color Formatting' section at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.11/Text_Functions.html#text.28.29 - it says that 'The formatting you apply can include one of the colors listed in the following table, when using Rich Text components such as Message and Paragraph form components.' These components are nothing but the components that will be used in Forms Designer. If you want to use these features, please go ahead with the forms designed using Forms Designer but please do bear in mind that usage of Forms Designer is not appreciated.
Children
No Data