Question on implementing Sites

Certified Senior Developer

After implementing Appian Sites, we have following questions:
1. How do we provide capability for "Save Changes" that users are used to seeing on the left side of the task
2. Once you are in a task, how do you provide capability to return to the Appian Site to see the full list of tasks at any time?

Please share any experience you have had with these and other design patterns you have used for Appian Sites.

OriginalPostID-188956

OriginalPostID-188956

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Re question - 1, I feel that it's better to leave it as is and also opt for 'Educate the user' re the behavior of the Sites. If I am not wrong, whatever changes we opt for implementing in the Task will be also reflected when we try to access the Task from Tempo interface.

For instance let's say we have added a button called 'Save Changes' or some other option on the Task form which will take us back to the same form (by using a gateway in the process) for saving the values when we access a task in the site. The same functionality would be reflected even when we access the Task from Tempo interface, and at this point of time, this functionality would be a kind of duplication, as the 'Save Changes' would be already available now in the left hand pane.
  • Re question - 1, I feel that it's better to leave it as is and also opt for 'Educate the user' re the behavior of the Sites. If I am not wrong, whatever changes we opt for implementing in the Task will be also reflected when we try to access the Task from Tempo interface.

For instance let's say we have added a button called 'Save Changes' or some other option on the Task form which will take us back to the same form (by using a gateway in the process) for saving the values when we access a task in the site. The same functionality would be reflected even when we access the Task from Tempo interface, and at this point of time, this functionality would be a kind of duplication, as the 'Save Changes' would be already available now in the left hand pane.
Children
No Data