Question regarding forms and field validation

Certified Senior Developer

need a quick solution on one of the problem statement in Quantum
Form -> fields validation to be done from the pre-configured table validation queries
example:-
- lets assume a form has 5 fields
- 5 fields has 5 different validations
- validations are stored in the database in the form of 5 distinct queries
1. Form Name
2. Field Name
3. Validation ( queries, which is stored in validation table against each field in the below form:
ex : to validate age field the query in the db : select age from table1 where formName = "form1"
and age > 40)
(there will be 5 different, queries like this for each form elements)

Question:-

Is there a ready made solution in Apian for ...

OriginalPostID-191735

OriginalPostID-191735

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi ajoyr, AFAIK currently there is no OOTB feature available, and if I read the requirement, basically everything on the form need to be dynamically driven. the form name, the field labels and validation rules.. in this case, as sonalk suggested we can have a form created, on the form are fixed, inside the load, define your local variables and retrieve the validation limits and then use them in the validations part. if they are dependent then use the rule to get the value dynamically in the validation through query entity rules. I am hoping this will not have the dynamic components and the components are fixed.
  • Hi ajoyr, AFAIK currently there is no OOTB feature available, and if I read the requirement, basically everything on the form need to be dynamically driven. the form name, the field labels and validation rules.. in this case, as sonalk suggested we can have a form created, on the form are fixed, inside the load, define your local variables and retrieve the validation limits and then use them in the validations part. if they are dependent then use the rule to get the value dynamically in the validation through query entity rules. I am hoping this will not have the dynamic components and the components are fixed.
Children
No Data