Dynamically display forms

I'm building a UI for use within a Record which will display data derived from calling a variety of SOAP and Restful services. The intention is to have buttons on the UI that will control what data is displayed. The services are currently placed within the code for each button. My query relates to when the services actually called

1. When a button is pressed
2. The form is initially loaded

Thanks in advance
Steve

OriginalPostID-191951

OriginalPostID-191951

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @steveb I assume that your query is to find out when the services will be actually invoked. The code placed under the 'saveInto' attribute of a component executes only when the interaction with the corresponding component has been made. For instance, the services placed within the code of each button executes only when the corresponding button is interacted with.

If you want to invoke the services initially when the form loads, perform the same in load(). That is, invoke the services (which are now placed in the code of button) and assign their value to a local variable in the load().

If I am not wrong, going through the documentation at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.1/SAIL_Design.html might give you leads.
  • @steveb I assume that your query is to find out when the services will be actually invoked. The code placed under the 'saveInto' attribute of a component executes only when the interaction with the corresponding component has been made. For instance, the services placed within the code of each button executes only when the corresponding button is interacted with.

If you want to invoke the services initially when the form loads, perform the same in load(). That is, invoke the services (which are now placed in the code of button) and assign their value to a local variable in the load().

If I am not wrong, going through the documentation at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.1/SAIL_Design.html might give you leads.
Children
No Data