How to create an anonymous form?

We want to have an anonymous form on our internet page (think contact form). We can set the process to run the task as the swim-lane owner and assign users that way. We can expose the form on a website by embedding the form (embedding interfaces).
What isn't there so far is a way to allow filling in the form anonymously. Is there a way to do it out of the box? Are there ways to force it (pass on the anonymous IIS user as the SSO user somehow and use that with transparent login)? Any other thoughts?

I know another option would be to expose the process as a web-service and post data to it directly, but it will involved us writing and supporting our own client code, which potentially isn't acceptable.

Any thoughts and/or ideas are greatly appreciated.

OriginalPostID-195890

OriginalPostID-195890

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In our case it's the former.
    And to clarify, we don't want them to be users or really use the system for anything else but send data in. In my view that's no different than sending an email message into a process that then triggers a workflow. The only difference is that we want to use a form as a starting point (instead of email) to do better validation on the inputs.
    It seems limiting for a lot of cases for this not to be possible. A lot of company workflows need external input that then becomes an internal process. The external input is not really from users of the system per say. I understand that this can be seen and argued from both sides of the fence, but it is a (possibly unnecessary) limitation to the system.

Some common tasks that this could be useful:
    - contact forms on public websites
    - feedback/problem reporting forms for public companies
    - registration form - leading to the creation of a named user of the system
  • In our case it's the former.
    And to clarify, we don't want them to be users or really use the system for anything else but send data in. In my view that's no different than sending an email message into a process that then triggers a workflow. The only difference is that we want to use a form as a starting point (instead of email) to do better validation on the inputs.
    It seems limiting for a lot of cases for this not to be possible. A lot of company workflows need external input that then becomes an internal process. The external input is not really from users of the system per say. I understand that this can be seen and argued from both sides of the fence, but it is a (possibly unnecessary) limitation to the system.

Some common tasks that this could be useful:
    - contact forms on public websites
    - feedback/problem reporting forms for public companies
    - registration form - leading to the creation of a named user of the system
Children
No Data