How to use CSS in SAIL interface grid?

Please let me know,how to use css in SAIL interface grid field.
The requirement is to fix the SAIL form Grid field column width, and not to be re sized as per the value length.
This is working as expected(value wrapped if the length of value is too long) in Crome browser, but in IE and Firefox.the column width is changing.

Thanks in advance.

OriginalPostID-200285

OriginalPostID-200285

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @priyankas Hi, I assume that you are talking with respect to a!gridField() and I don't think it's possible to use our own CSS.

And re the 're sized as per the value length' behavior, if you haven't seen the documentation, the content at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.1/SAIL_Components.html#PagingGrid reads as follows: "Each column’s width is determined by the length of the longest value in that column." An alternative is to trim the additional characters in the value and add a dynamic link to the text in case if the text is beyond the specified minimum length and surface the content in a new section component when dynamic link is clicked by user.

And re the change in width over different browsers, we might not be able to do anything. SAIL when expanded, reads as Self Assembling Interface Layer, by which we can understand that it assembles itself automatically according to the source, and I think this is an expected and standard behavior.

If your question is re a!gridLayout(), you may want to use 'width' attribute of a!gridLayoutColumnConfig(), but I should say that it's version dependent.

Let's see if other practitioners come up with valuable suggestions.