Question on progressBarField and chaining

Certified Lead Developer

I have a process that is copying data to the DB on the back end, I would like to show the progress in data being copied using a progressBarField.
This way I can have the user wait on the form, without breaking the chaining as well.

I can do it using some refresh button to get the status (%) of data copied, but I want this to be auto refreshed to show the real time data without user intervention on the form.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks
Manish

OriginalPostID-205300

OriginalPostID-205300

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    That's great to hear.
    Can you point me towards how are you fetching it from DB in the real time.

If I call a query on the form, this will be loaded only once and if the copy status updates how do I show it on the form? I will need to call the querry again to fetch this updated value from DB.

I dont want to use a button or refresh link that user will need to click repeatedly to fire this query to get the latest status on form.

The motto is to show as the copy is in process (from 0 - 100, derived from some rule), not showing the static content in progress bar.
    Certified Lead Developer
    That's great to hear.
    Can you point me towards how are you fetching it from DB in the real time.

If I call a query on the form, this will be loaded only once and if the copy status updates how do I show it on the form? I will need to call the querry again to fetch this updated value from DB.

I dont want to use a button or refresh link that user will need to click repeatedly to fire this query to get the latest status on form.

The motto is to show as the copy is in process (from 0 - 100, derived from some rule), not showing the static content in progress bar.
Children
No Data