Question on progressBarField and chaining

Certified Lead Developer

I have a process that is copying data to the DB on the back end, I would like to show the progress in data being copied using a progressBarField.
This way I can have the user wait on the form, without breaking the chaining as well.

I can do it using some refresh button to get the status (%) of data copied, but I want this to be auto refreshed to show the real time data without user intervention on the form.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks
Manish

OriginalPostID-205300

OriginalPostID-205300

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Manish, I also tried for the same kind of solution but didn’t get it. Actually in appian we don't auto refresh or auto submission options. Even I tried using process models like for the user input task I given timer exception to skip the node every one minute and came back to the same user input task again but it also didn’t work because for exceptions path we can’t set activity chaining. So it is not possible without doing any action on interface. Because in appian sail interface will get refreshed only when we do some action on it.
  • Hello Manish, I also tried for the same kind of solution but didn’t get it. Actually in appian we don't auto refresh or auto submission options. Even I tried using process models like for the user input task I given timer exception to skip the node every one minute and came back to the same user input task again but it also didn’t work because for exceptions path we can’t set activity chaining. So it is not possible without doing any action on interface. Because in appian sail interface will get refreshed only when we do some action on it.
Children
No Data