Question on progressBarField and chaining

Certified Lead Developer

I have a process that is copying data to the DB on the back end, I would like to show the progress in data being copied using a progressBarField.
This way I can have the user wait on the form, without breaking the chaining as well.

I can do it using some refresh button to get the status (%) of data copied, but I want this to be auto refreshed to show the real time data without user intervention on the form.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks
Manish

OriginalPostID-205300

OriginalPostID-205300

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I was trying out a dashboard type display just last week to do the same thing. To show the status of orders, transactions, etc. in the application. I was hoping to get Appian to automatically refresh the data. No luck. The user either needs to submit the form via a button or change values in a form to trigger a refresh of the local variables in the form. I tried timing out the form but this doesn't refresh it on the screen, it just kills the form and recreates a new one (which would require the user to click on 'tasks' in Tempo and open the task again.
  • I was trying out a dashboard type display just last week to do the same thing. To show the status of orders, transactions, etc. in the application. I was hoping to get Appian to automatically refresh the data. No luck. The user either needs to submit the form via a button or change values in a form to trigger a refresh of the local variables in the form. I tried timing out the form but this doesn't refresh it on the screen, it just kills the form and recreates a new one (which would require the user to click on 'tasks' in Tempo and open the task again.
Children
No Data