Question on expected behavior when mapping rule parameters while calling sub-interface

#UserInterface
Hi All, I was designing a form where I came across this new or different behavior which I suspect to be a bug. This is related to the mapping of the rule parameters while calling a sub-interface.

I have 2 interfaces, one parent interface(TEST_Interface1) and one sub-interface(TEST_Interface2).
TEST_Interface1 contains two rule inputs : varA (Text) and varB (Text).
TEST_Interface2 contains two rule inputs : varA (Text) and varB (Text).

TEST_Interface2 contains 2 text fields using which I initialize the rule inputs varA and varB.
In TEST_Interface1, I am calling TEST_Interface2 and below goes the code snippet:
rule!TEST_Interface2(
varA: ri!varB,           /* Mapping varA in TEST_Interface2 to varB TEST_Interface1 */
varB: ri!varA                    /* Mapping varB in TEST_Interface2 to varA TEST_Interface1 */
),
          a!textField(          /* Displaying the changed variable value */
label: "Variable A",
labelPosition: "ADJ...

Additional Info.zip

OriginalPostID-208471

OriginalPostID-208471

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • No need to raise a support ticket; I have already contacted our product team in regards to this and I will update this thread once I receive an update from them. If the behavior ends up being expected as per our documentation, then this will be categorized as an enhancement to allow for this functionality in a future release of the platform, and Appian Solution Engineering is unable to provide information as to when or how it will be implemented. Thank you for your patience during this investigation.
  • No need to raise a support ticket; I have already contacted our product team in regards to this and I will update this thread once I receive an update from them. If the behavior ends up being expected as per our documentation, then this will be categorized as an enhancement to allow for this functionality in a future release of the platform, and Appian Solution Engineering is unable to provide information as to when or how it will be implemented. Thank you for your patience during this investigation.
Children
No Data