Problem with selecting and removing rows from a grid

Hi to everyone,

I have a probelm with selecting and removing rows from a grid.

I have followed the product documentation, that you can find here, forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Recipes.html, adapting it to our case.

You can find attached the code of the form, RM_testForm, the cdt structure, RM_riskOpportunityCdt, and the rule used in the form., RM_returnNewStartIndex.

To test it and see the error message that appear to me, "Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error : An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error at function 'wherecontains' [line 33]: Invalid types, can only act on data of the same type (Any Type, Number (Integer))", simply click on the test button and set the ri!risk={ID: 1, Region: "APAC"}

RM_testForm.txt

OriginalPostID-212915

OriginalPostID-212915

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @marcoc Hi, to the best of my knowledge, the issue is with usage of wherecontains(). So wherecontains() works good if and only if both the parameters of it are of same data type. In your case, local!gridSelection.selected is of type 'Any Type' whereas local!issueData.ID could be of a primitive data type such as Number Integer, Text etc. So in order to resolve this, we should typecast the data type of local!gridSelection.selected to the data type of local!issueData.ID. Please find attached the modified RM_testForm and do let us know if it resolved your issue and also in case of follow up questions.
  • @marcoc Hi, to the best of my knowledge, the issue is with usage of wherecontains(). So wherecontains() works good if and only if both the parameters of it are of same data type. In your case, local!gridSelection.selected is of type 'Any Type' whereas local!issueData.ID could be of a primitive data type such as Number Integer, Text etc. So in order to resolve this, we should typecast the data type of local!gridSelection.selected to the data type of local!issueData.ID. Please find attached the modified RM_testForm and do let us know if it resolved your issue and also in case of follow up questions.
Children
No Data