How to save SAIL button value into a process variable?

Dear all,
How I can save SAIL button value into a process variable?

I try to use SAIL form into Appian 7.3 version. I created an interface "SAIL_test" and I put it into Form Input task as "SAIL Form".
I created a process Variable "Cancel" and I want to send it the decision "Cancel" or "submit"..
Anyone help me?

=a!formLayout(
label: "Check Form",

buttons: a!buttonLayout(
primaryButtons: {
a!buttonWidgetSubmit(
label: "Submit",
style: "PRIMARY"
)
},
secondaryButtons: {
a!buttonWidgetSubmit(
label: "Close Process",
style: "DESTRUCTIVE",
confirmMessage: "Are you sure?",
value:true,
saveInto: ri!cancel
)
}
)
)

OriginalPostID-214494

OriginalPostID-214494

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Just in case the previous comment wasn't specific enough: in the User Input Task, you declare an AC variable (i.e. ac!buttonValue), and set it to save its value into a PV (pv!buttonValue for example). Then on the SAIL form call, you do "=rule!SAIL_provaButtoni( buttonValue: ac!buttonValue )". If this seems like a lot of steps, just know that it's necessary in order to have the extremely high level of control that SAIL forms give us.

As a side note: it will save you a lot of future headache if you call your SAIL forms (and expression rules for that matter) using dictionary syntax specifically (meaning you name the parameters in your rule call like in my example). I.e. like "rule!SAIL_provaButtoni( buttonValue: ac!buttonValue )" instead of the equivalent "rule!SAIL_provaButtoni( ac!buttonValue )", which will break if you ever decide to add a second rule input.
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Just in case the previous comment wasn't specific enough: in the User Input Task, you declare an AC variable (i.e. ac!buttonValue), and set it to save its value into a PV (pv!buttonValue for example). Then on the SAIL form call, you do "=rule!SAIL_provaButtoni( buttonValue: ac!buttonValue )". If this seems like a lot of steps, just know that it's necessary in order to have the extremely high level of control that SAIL forms give us.

As a side note: it will save you a lot of future headache if you call your SAIL forms (and expression rules for that matter) using dictionary syntax specifically (meaning you name the parameters in your rule call like in my example). I.e. like "rule!SAIL_provaButtoni( buttonValue: ac!buttonValue )" instead of the equivalent "rule!SAIL_provaButtoni( ac!buttonValue )", which will break if you ever decide to add a second rule input.
Children
No Data