Formatting options for very large numbers

I am looking for formatting options for very large numbers - I was originally saving the data as an integer value which I could have formatted with text(), but the requirement for one field exceeds what an integer can handle ("we have programs with over 25,000,000,000 records"). I switched that number to a text field but would like to be able to reformat entries with commas if possible so people can verify their entries.

OriginalPostID-216910

OriginalPostID-216910

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Interesting. I am seeing just what I need from both the fixed() and tointeger() functions, despite the documentation. Fixed() should take a decimal number input according to the documentation but seems perfectly happy with text and tointeger() has no problem with very large text numbers (as long as the output is saved in a text field).
  • Interesting. I am seeing just what I need from both the fixed() and tointeger() functions, despite the documentation. Fixed() should take a decimal number input according to the documentation but seems perfectly happy with text and tointeger() has no problem with very large text numbers (as long as the output is saved in a text field).
Children
No Data