Possible to customize error message?

in one of the interfaces, i am using an integer field and there is a custom validation that i have applied on that field (it is sort of a generic message that should be displayed when any invalid value is entered). However when some one types in an alphabet i get the Appian inbuilt validation message which goes something like "value is not integer", along with my custom validation message.

Is there any way that i can eliminate the inbuilt appian message and have only my custom message displayed? (and changing it to a text field does not count :-))

OriginalPostID-217818

OriginalPostID-217818

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @akhilt -
    I did some test cases but didn't find any luck to avoid/eliminate the default validation message.
    But I have an alternative to achieve you requirement.
    It involves using textfield but it is customized to behave like a integerfield.
    Please refer the below code snippet.

a!textField(
    label: "Integer Field",
    value:ri!number,
    saveInto:{
    a!save(ri!number,
    load(
    local!strippedText:stripwith(lower(save!value),"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"),
    local!strippedNumber:cast(typeof(1),local!strippedText),
    local!strippedNumber
    )
    )
    }
    )
    \t
    ri!number is of integer type.
    Let me know if this helps.
  • @akhilt -
    I did some test cases but didn't find any luck to avoid/eliminate the default validation message.
    But I have an alternative to achieve you requirement.
    It involves using textfield but it is customized to behave like a integerfield.
    Please refer the below code snippet.

a!textField(
    label: "Integer Field",
    value:ri!number,
    saveInto:{
    a!save(ri!number,
    load(
    local!strippedText:stripwith(lower(save!value),"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"),
    local!strippedNumber:cast(typeof(1),local!strippedText),
    local!strippedNumber
    )
    )
    }
    )
    \t
    ri!number is of integer type.
    Let me know if this helps.
Children
No Data