Dynamic grid creation

I have a Driver section and Trailing Grid section on a form. The values the user select in the first section; decides what values to make available for the user in the Grid section.

Now, if the user changes the values in the Driving Section after populating the Grid section; a very valid UI error displays.

We have a couple of resolutions in mind but I would like to seek your opinion of the best way to implement this scenario? That still allows the user to make changes in the Driving Section after he/she has populated some values in the Grid based on some initial choices he/she made?

We can flush the existing data from the grid but would like to know if there are other ways to do that?

OriginalPostID-218173

OriginalPostID-218173

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It looks like you have some dropdown fields in your grid. Flushing all data is not the way to go. I would try to keep as much data as possible. For this you could create a custom dropdown component that is more robust than the default one.

One option to make the user interaction "better". Disable the fields in the driver section as soon as there is some data in the grid and add a button to reenable it. The button could show a confirmation message to explain what is going on.
  • It looks like you have some dropdown fields in your grid. Flushing all data is not the way to go. I would try to keep as much data as possible. For this you could create a custom dropdown component that is more robust than the default one.

One option to make the user interaction "better". Disable the fields in the driver section as soon as there is some data in the grid and add a button to reenable it. The button could show a confirmation message to explain what is going on.
Children
No Data