Question with if block and validation

I am using an if block in the validation section of a text field which goes like-->
if(
isnull(
ri!selectedCaseId
),
{
" The case ID you entered is not valid, Please try again"
},
{}
)
despite the check(condition ) being true, the validation message is still not getting displayed. Attached is the snapshot where i am displaying the output of the if condition and it is true!!!!

OriginalPostID-218233

OriginalPostID-218233

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @akhilt: Its an expected behavior. As per documentation validation messages appear only when the component's value is not null. i.e., you can only display custom formatting related error messages. Like characters cannot be greater than 20, special characters not allowed. But if you want custom message to be displayed when field is empty, you have to use a different component to display that message. PFA ..
  • @akhilt: Its an expected behavior. As per documentation validation messages appear only when the component's value is not null. i.e., you can only display custom formatting related error messages. Like characters cannot be greater than 20, special characters not allowed. But if you want custom message to be displayed when field is empty, you have to use a different component to display that message. PFA ..
Children
No Data