How to get the taskId of task being assigned

Certified Senior Developer

If we plan to send a customized email notification for users for task assignment, how do we send the link for the task?? point here, is there a way where i can get the taskId of the task being assigned (other than creating the report and getting the task id from there) and send it as a link in the customized email. We have a parallel task for emai lnotification and UI task.

OriginalPostID-220931

OriginalPostID-220931

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @raghunandanc There is a plugin by name 'Get Process Task Id' at http://bit.ly/292HgJl which contains a function by name 'getprocesstaskid'.

I personally opine that fn!getprocesstaskid() is of much use when we don't want to go with creation of report and querying it thereafter. Because fn!getprocesstaskid() has the capability to return the task id based on the process id and design/runtime name of the task which will be accurate provided if the design time task name/runtime name is unique.

Afaik, fn!gettaskidforactiveprocess() from 'Task Smart Services Plug-in' might not be a great option when the process has got more than one active task(because the function might return more than one task id in this case) as we only need one particular task id to include in the email.
  • @raghunandanc There is a plugin by name 'Get Process Task Id' at http://bit.ly/292HgJl which contains a function by name 'getprocesstaskid'.

I personally opine that fn!getprocesstaskid() is of much use when we don't want to go with creation of report and querying it thereafter. Because fn!getprocesstaskid() has the capability to return the task id based on the process id and design/runtime name of the task which will be accurate provided if the design time task name/runtime name is unique.

Afaik, fn!gettaskidforactiveprocess() from 'Task Smart Services Plug-in' might not be a great option when the process has got more than one active task(because the function might return more than one task id in this case) as we only need one particular task id to include in the email.
Children
No Data