Hello Everyone, Does anyone know if it's possible to determine wh

Certified Associate Developer
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if it's possible to determine which field caused the validation error when using the 'failedValidation' event on user input tasks?
I have a large form with several tabs and validation errors on all non-selected tabs are hidden until a user visits that tab. I am trying to provide a more meaningful validation error message than "Check all your inputs"....

OriginalPostID-69144

OriginalPostID-69144

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Thanks for the link Eduardo. If I understand your link correctly you are suggesting I move the validation logic from the fields to the form 'failedValidation' event directly and then focus on the specific element or display a tailored message from there.

While this work around will definitely work am I correct in inferring that it's not possible to pull a list of fields that failed validation from within the 'failedValidation' event without replicating the validation logic there?
    Thanks for the link Eduardo. If I understand your link correctly you are suggesting I move the validation logic from the fields to the form 'failedValidation' event directly and then focus on the specific element or display a tailored message from there.

While this work around will definitely work am I correct in inferring that it's not possible to pull a list of fields that failed validation from within the 'failedValidation' event without replicating the validation logic there?
Children
No Data