Is there an easy way to figure out the html div id generated by Appian?

Is there any possible way (or in the future) to know the html <div id=??> in the Appian generated html? The reason for this is to help with automated testing in C# using XPATH and to manage changes when updating UI objects. Thanks in advance for any help. Robert

OriginalPostID-227265

OriginalPostID-227265

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I have done a similar kind of thing wherein there were many components which didnt have id(s), so i used Firepath and manually identified the XPATH(s) and did the automation.

To make this easy you can have property files for each component and set them with the XPATH(s) you got. Then these properties you can call from your class, get the elements and perform actions on them.
    Please let me know if you find a better way.
  • I have done a similar kind of thing wherein there were many components which didnt have id(s), so i used Firepath and manually identified the XPATH(s) and did the automation.

To make this easy you can have property files for each component and set them with the XPATH(s) you got. Then these properties you can call from your class, get the elements and perform actions on them.
    Please let me know if you find a better way.
Children
No Data