Issue with sorting content in a gridImageColumn

#SAIL #gridField I am facing an issue with sorting of content in a gridImageColumn. In my task report, out of many, there are two columns rendered using gridImageColumn and sorting works fine on STATUS column (where I choose the icon by the content present just in status field 'c5') whereas sorting works only for the first time in PERFORMANCE column (where I determine the icon by a combination of DEADLINE field 'c7' and COMPLETED field 'c9').

Here DEADINE is already displayed as a separate column in grid, so I have mapped the attribute 'field' of PERFORMANCE column to 'c9' instead of 'c7'.
Another approach I tried is totally ignoring 'c7' field by modifying the portal report to have the same content (of c7) in 'dp9'. But the result is same in both the cases. The sorting works only for the first time I click on the column heading. So I guess its because of the merge function or something I am doing in a wrong way.

A...

OriginalPostID-227275

OriginalPostID-227275

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Ok we resolved the issue by this workaround.

Instead of pulling 2 column from the report and using merge to compute the display icon, we are now doing the same computation in the report by adding a new column for PERFORMANCE. This column will now have values like "Overdue", "Due Today", etc. In the dashboard the same can be used to choose the display icon eliminating the use of merge function.

Not sure if this is a proper solution but did not find any other way to make the sort work
  • Ok we resolved the issue by this workaround.

Instead of pulling 2 column from the report and using merge to compute the display icon, we are now doing the same computation in the report by adding a new column for PERFORMANCE. This column will now have values like "Overdue", "Due Today", etc. In the dashboard the same can be used to choose the display icon eliminating the use of merge function.

Not sure if this is a proper solution but did not find any other way to make the sort work
Children
No Data