Context of Related Action

Hello! Please may I know when I was adding an "update" function as an RELATED ACTION on the Record page, what should be filled in the "Context" Box?

I have filled in every input that the process model required but it still did not work...

OriginalPostID-235348

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @joanneh Check few more criterion as follows:

1. Are you trying to see the Related Action as a Basic User? If so, make sure that basic user ATLEAST holds the initiator privilege.
    2. Did you configure any visibility expression? Is it returning a single boolean value? If not, ensure that a single boolean value is returned.

Afaik, usage of query rule to assign values for the inputs might work and it may not be the reason for non-working of your Related Action. Keeping the working/non-working aside, I would say that it should be taken care as the part of design. Though this may be irrelevant, I would suggest one of the following and also refraining from the usage of query rule those many times as it hampers performance:
    1. Pass only rf!callLogId as context to the Related Action from the Record Type.
    2. If you have a start form, query the data in the load(), assign to fields, and in the saveInto of Submit Button, push the local variables into PVs if you aren't interacting with any of the fields associated with Parameterised Variables(or you can also save values under a required field or in the script task after the start event). If you are not making use of a start form, query the data from rf!callLogId at a required place (might be prior to the first user input task as per your design).
  • @joanneh Check few more criterion as follows:

1. Are you trying to see the Related Action as a Basic User? If so, make sure that basic user ATLEAST holds the initiator privilege.
    2. Did you configure any visibility expression? Is it returning a single boolean value? If not, ensure that a single boolean value is returned.

Afaik, usage of query rule to assign values for the inputs might work and it may not be the reason for non-working of your Related Action. Keeping the working/non-working aside, I would say that it should be taken care as the part of design. Though this may be irrelevant, I would suggest one of the following and also refraining from the usage of query rule those many times as it hampers performance:
    1. Pass only rf!callLogId as context to the Related Action from the Record Type.
    2. If you have a start form, query the data in the load(), assign to fields, and in the saveInto of Submit Button, push the local variables into PVs if you aren't interacting with any of the fields associated with Parameterised Variables(or you can also save values under a required field or in the script task after the start event). If you are not making use of a start form, query the data from rf!callLogId at a required place (might be prior to the first user input task as per your design).
Children
No Data