hiding the task toolbar (reassign task, save changes, etc.)

There is a known Appian defect: when an admin user reassigns a task to a non-admin user, that non-admin user is able to reassign to ANYONE. I am trying to find the best way to avoid this in PROD because we don't want non-admin users to be reassigning. I thought a way would be to hide the task bar on the left where the Reassign Task link shows up. Is there any way to remove this task bar WITHOUT removing the Save Changes functionality? On the user interface task, I saw an option under Forms that says Hide task toolbar but it did not work. Why? What other options do I have?

OriginalPostID-235796

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yes @Akshar is on the spot, I would build a small process that uses a sail form that gives a user picker and chains into that shared component smart node, with the node set to block reassignment privileges for the reassignee.

Alternatively you could complete the task through some means (Complete Task Smart Service or plugins) and then assign the task again, with the assignee passed in as a variable (pv!assignee) whose privileges are always unable to reassign.

So either plugin smart node or a process to do reassignment by a PV whose assignment privileges are blocked should work.
  • Yes @Akshar is on the spot, I would build a small process that uses a sail form that gives a user picker and chains into that shared component smart node, with the node set to block reassignment privileges for the reassignee.

Alternatively you could complete the task through some means (Complete Task Smart Service or plugins) and then assign the task again, with the assignee passed in as a variable (pv!assignee) whose privileges are always unable to reassign.

So either plugin smart node or a process to do reassignment by a PV whose assignment privileges are blocked should work.
Children
No Data