hiding the task toolbar (reassign task, save changes, etc.)

There is a known Appian defect: when an admin user reassigns a task to a non-admin user, that non-admin user is able to reassign to ANYONE. I am trying to find the best way to avoid this in PROD because we don't want non-admin users to be reassigning. I thought a way would be to hide the task bar on the left where the Reassign Task link shows up. Is there any way to remove this task bar WITHOUT removing the Save Changes functionality? On the user interface task, I saw an option under Forms that says Hide task toolbar but it did not work. Why? What other options do I have?

OriginalPostID-235796

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @Matthew How would we use this method if we are using "Task Smart Services" plugin to reassign task from a report. Our end goal is remove all privileges from users, they should not be able to reassign task to anyone not even initial pool of assignees.
  •  We have come across this issue today. 

Reassign Task in 'Task Smart Services' reassigns a task with all possible privileges. This isn't a candidate for a solution.

'Reassign with privileges' is the one that could help you here as this sets the privileges during the reassignment. But this does not block all privileges and still, the user can 'Reject' the task in this case.
    Underlying API:
    setPrivilege() in Assignment.Assignee which actually sets the privilege on the task(based on the constants in Assignment) has only 3 configurable privileges available namely Reject, Reassign within the assignees pool, Reassign to anyone and there isn't a constant that blocks all privileges. (I think we can try by getting the privilege(using getPrivilege()) value of a task that has no privileges at all and use the same value in setprivilege() while setting the privileges)

Let me know if you need an alternate and complete solution which will block the privileges on a task in any given case.

•  We have come across this issue today. 

Reassign Task in 'Task Smart Services' reassigns a task with all possible privileges. This isn't a candidate for a solution.

'Reassign with privileges' is the one that could help you here as this sets the privileges during the reassignment. But this does not block all privileges and still, the user can 'Reject' the task in this case.
    Underlying API:
    setPrivilege() in Assignment.Assignee which actually sets the privilege on the task(based on the constants in Assignment) has only 3 configurable privileges available namely Reject, Reassign within the assignees pool, Reassign to anyone and there isn't a constant that blocks all privileges. (I think we can try by getting the privilege(using getPrivilege()) value of a task that has no privileges at all and use the same value in setprivilege() while setting the privileges)

Let me know if you need an alternate and complete solution which will block the privileges on a task in any given case.

Children
No Data