Grid field display using CDT

I am trying to display a grid field using a Employee CDT which has nested Skill CDT, association between these two CDTs is one to many. For an instance it's like one employee with multiple skills.

When I am trying to display it says the total count of grid is different from the number of rows to be displayed.

Can anyone help me by providing multiple solutions to solve this issue?

OriginalPostID-240663

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @Dastagiri ..

You can write a view which combines all the data from all the tables related to that perticular employee .. for example , you have an address table as well as a skill table which have 'employee_id' as the foreign key .

So you can create a single view which contains all the addresses , skills and other details of an employee into a single row ,by using joins or inner select queries

You can now map this view to a CDT which can be further used in your application and can perform a!queryEntity to retreive the data

Hope it is helpful !!
  • @Dastagiri ..

You can write a view which combines all the data from all the tables related to that perticular employee .. for example , you have an address table as well as a skill table which have 'employee_id' as the foreign key .

So you can create a single view which contains all the addresses , skills and other details of an employee into a single row ,by using joins or inner select queries

You can now map this view to a CDT which can be further used in your application and can perform a!queryEntity to retreive the data

Hope it is helpful !!
Children
No Data