Javascript functions - replacement of calworkdays

Hi,
I have a problem regarding the calculation of a calworkdays function for two dates on a user form. We are not using SAIL at the moment, so until we upgrade, can you please give us a workaround solution by using javascript functions?
I have tried using the following code (for an on-change event of the date input fields):

if (window.FormAPI.getValue("date1").id !=""){
if (window.FormAPI.getValue("number40").id=="")
{
window.FormAPI.setValue('number40',"");
$('input:submit.submitButton')[0].click();
}
else
{
window.FormAPI.setValue('number40',"");
$('input:submit.submitButton')[1].click();
}
}

What this code does is whenever the user changes the values of the date input forms, the javascript function submits a hidden button and reloads the form (as a chained action) and in the output of the form, the calculation of calworkdays is done, so that when the form reloads, that value will be shown in the '...

OriginalPostID-242887

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We have previously tried calling this function when loading the page:
    var dateID = 'date2';
    var dateID2 ='date1';
    var AbsenceCA = 'dropdown21';

$('#date_date_' + dateID2 + '_valueDateSingle_fd_component_' + window.FormDesigner.runtimeNamespace + dateID2 +'_').trigger('change');

$('#date_date_' + dateID + '_valueDateSingle_fd_component_' + window.FormDesigner.runtimeNamespace + dateID +'_').trigger('change');

var todate = window.FormAPI.getValue("To_date_value").id;
    window.FormAPI.setValue('date2',todate);

var fromdate = window.FormAPI.getValue("From_date_value").id;
    window.FormAPI.setValue('date1',fromdate);

But when loading the page, the process goes into a long loop (reloading the page over and over...because the onload function triggers the onchange event of the date input fields...
    Initially, I want the values to be empty so that the user must input them (so that there are no mistakes when filling the form).
    Do you have any other idea or advice?
    Thank you again... BR
  • We have previously tried calling this function when loading the page:
    var dateID = 'date2';
    var dateID2 ='date1';
    var AbsenceCA = 'dropdown21';

$('#date_date_' + dateID2 + '_valueDateSingle_fd_component_' + window.FormDesigner.runtimeNamespace + dateID2 +'_').trigger('change');

$('#date_date_' + dateID + '_valueDateSingle_fd_component_' + window.FormDesigner.runtimeNamespace + dateID +'_').trigger('change');

var todate = window.FormAPI.getValue("To_date_value").id;
    window.FormAPI.setValue('date2',todate);

var fromdate = window.FormAPI.getValue("From_date_value").id;
    window.FormAPI.setValue('date1',fromdate);

But when loading the page, the process goes into a long loop (reloading the page over and over...because the onload function triggers the onchange event of the date input fields...
    Initially, I want the values to be empty so that the user must input them (so that there are no mistakes when filling the form).
    Do you have any other idea or advice?
    Thank you again... BR
Children
No Data