Grid paging issue

I have a gridLayout code, in that i am using gridSelection and defined pagingInfo for batchSize 20. In value of gridLayout i have gridSelection. I have total 99 records from DB. But in grid it is showing only batchSize number of records. Please tell me where I am making mistake.

OriginalPostID-244737

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @akanksham The keyword gridLayout used by you is suggesting that you are making use of the Editable Grid. If you would like to go with Editable Grid, you have two options as follows:

1. Get all the 99 records at once, that is batch size = -1
    2. Add the custom pagination logic to the editable grid. (that is, simulate the paging functionality we observe in the Paging Grid) If you want to go ahead with this, application at http://bit.ly/2fegMuX should serve as an example.

I assume that you are aware of the fact that Editable Grid won't paginate/sort as Paging Grid do and that's the reason why we should either show all the Records at one go or add a custom pagination logic.

I would personally recommend what @rodgraham/@tim.clarke has suggested, as Editable Grid lacks sorting and also needs a customised logic for pagination which Paging Grid already has. It's your call. I believe attaching the code snippet might not be needed at this moment as it seems to me like a decision of which component to choose.
  • @akanksham The keyword gridLayout used by you is suggesting that you are making use of the Editable Grid. If you would like to go with Editable Grid, you have two options as follows:

1. Get all the 99 records at once, that is batch size = -1
    2. Add the custom pagination logic to the editable grid. (that is, simulate the paging functionality we observe in the Paging Grid) If you want to go ahead with this, application at http://bit.ly/2fegMuX should serve as an example.

I assume that you are aware of the fact that Editable Grid won't paginate/sort as Paging Grid do and that's the reason why we should either show all the Records at one go or add a custom pagination logic.

I would personally recommend what @rodgraham/@tim.clarke has suggested, as Editable Grid lacks sorting and also needs a customised logic for pagination which Paging Grid already has. It's your call. I believe attaching the code snippet might not be needed at this moment as it seems to me like a decision of which component to choose.
Children
No Data