Save Button

I have a start form that stores user input data to process variables. On the form, I have a SAVE button that saves the user inputs to PVs and triggers a User Input Task. This User Input Task refers to the same SAIL form as my start form. The User Input Task displays all data previously entered by the user. But when new data is entered in the form, the process isn't saving form data into the "Save Input To" variable I'm defining. None of the data is being stored from my User Input Task to the Process Variables I've defined.

Can anyone guide me on why a start form that successfully stores form data wouldn't do the same when triggered from a User Input Task?

Thank you.

OriginalPostID-247166

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @rizviz Use ACPs instead of PVs(in the first screen print) while configuring the SAIL form in the User Input Task. For Start Form, you need to use PVs whereas you need to use ACPs for persisting values in PVs for for User Input Tasks.

And you don't need to save in Inputs as well as Outputs as this looks like a redundant operation to me(second and third screen print). Continue with saving in Inputs tab and remove the configurations in Outputs tab. If you need to modify something prior to saving the value into variable, then you can use Outputs tab(and at this point, you can skip the usage of Inputs tab.)
  • @rizviz Use ACPs instead of PVs(in the first screen print) while configuring the SAIL form in the User Input Task. For Start Form, you need to use PVs whereas you need to use ACPs for persisting values in PVs for for User Input Tasks.

And you don't need to save in Inputs as well as Outputs as this looks like a redundant operation to me(second and third screen print). Continue with saving in Inputs tab and remove the configurations in Outputs tab. If you need to modify something prior to saving the value into variable, then you can use Outputs tab(and at this point, you can skip the usage of Inputs tab.)
Children
No Data