Prevent Removal of Uploaded Document

Hello, I have a use case in which I need to allow a user to upload multiple documents to a SAIL form via a!fileUploadField. Once the desired docs are uploaded, the user clicks a button to commit the documents to the form and sets a Boolean variable that's used to disable the file upload field. I need to prevent the user from adding more documents AND prevent them from removing committed docs once the button is clicked.

I have accomplished the ability to disable the file upload field, preventing additional uploads however the user can still remove uploaded documents from the interface via the X next to the document name. Is there a way to disable all functionality on a file upload field, including the ability to remove docs?

Thanks in advance for your help!

OriginalPostID-247982

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks very much for your feedback everyone, I really appreciate it! I really wanted to avoid going the button widget submit route for the "File Upload Complete" button. Since there wasn't a way to disable document removal out of the box, I convinced the business that disabling document removal was "bad process". I implemented a work around "solution" where I changed the "File Upload Complete" button to "Update/Refresh Uploaded Docs" and displaying the uploaded doc count in a rich text field adjacent to the file upload field.
  • Thanks very much for your feedback everyone, I really appreciate it! I really wanted to avoid going the button widget submit route for the "File Upload Complete" button. Since there wasn't a way to disable document removal out of the box, I convinced the business that disabling document removal was "bad process". I implemented a work around "solution" where I changed the "File Upload Complete" button to "Update/Refresh Uploaded Docs" and displaying the uploaded doc count in a rich text field adjacent to the file upload field.
Children
No Data