Compatibility mode and Embedded interfaces

Hello:

I am facing an error with embedded interfaces using IE11 and compatibility mode, using Appian 16.2.

In tempo.nocache.js:
Error: "'HTMLDivElement' is undefined"

While debugger highlights the following code:
(Line 49:) if(HTMLDivElement)

In this thread, the poster also had to turn off compatibility mode to get the embedded interface to work:

forum.appian.com/.../e-244547

Accessing the html in IE11 without compatibility mode or in Chrome works correctly.

OriginalPostID-250600

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• This is mostly a browser quirk specific to IE version < 11.
    IE has many quirks when it comes to JavaScript - and this applies specifically to IE7, IE8, IE9.
    Things got better from IE10.
    And IE11 confirms to the JavaScript implementation of other browsers like Chrome and Firefox.

Embedded interfaces require JavaScript and Ajax. And the behavior of JS is affected by browser quirks,
    In compatibility mode, IE emulates the older versions and hence you may be getting that error.
    In no compatibility mode, its purely IE11, and IE11 does not have as many quirks as the older versions - IE11 mostly confirms to the JS behavior of other browsers.

So, I don't think we can do much about it.
    Certified Lead Developer
    I agree with @chetany try using some other browsers let's say Chrome, if still you want to use IE, try using latest version of IE as it is having many security due to which some scripts do not work
  • My concern is that users may be using old versions of IE such as 9, or may have compatibility mode enabled. For those users, they would be shown a blank screen and would then be confused. Can anyone suggest a javascript to detect an incompatible browser and give the user a message in that case?
  • You can disable the compatibility mode in IE, Just paste this code in HTML

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9; IE=8; IE=7; IE=EDGE" />

your HTML code should look like as below -

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9; IE=8; IE=7; IE=EDGE" />
    <script src="xxxxx:8080/.../script>

</head>
    <body>
    <appian-task taskId="xx3" />
    </body>