Report of Users in Appian

Hi -

We are using version 7.10 and we often have to report out on how many users we have, or provide a list of users & their current user group or access to an auditor.

Is there an easy way to do this, even if it includes creating a custom report to generate this information? As it is right now, I can't find a good way to pull a list of users from the system.

Thanks!

OriginalPostID-254425

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I had a similar issue. We had a database that had some minor discrepancies, so I had to pull all users from the system and database and compare the two.

Go to your All Users group in the /designer interface. Click on the properties tab. The first item in the list of properties will be the Group Id, which will be a number like "12" or something.

Just create an expression rule and use getdistinctusers(*whatever that number is*) and you'll spit out an array of all your users' ids. You can then pass that into looping functions with user() to get what data you need out of each record, or other functions to format the list better. It's literally one line of code I just make and test in expression editor, then throw away without saving every time I need all the users.

You can also loop to run each record through isusermemberofGroup() functions or run getdistinctusers() on every group id you have to get your group memberships.
  • I had a similar issue. We had a database that had some minor discrepancies, so I had to pull all users from the system and database and compare the two.

Go to your All Users group in the /designer interface. Click on the properties tab. The first item in the list of properties will be the Group Id, which will be a number like "12" or something.

Just create an expression rule and use getdistinctusers(*whatever that number is*) and you'll spit out an array of all your users' ids. You can then pass that into looping functions with user() to get what data you need out of each record, or other functions to format the list better. It's literally one line of code I just make and test in expression editor, then throw away without saving every time I need all the users.

You can also loop to run each record through isusermemberofGroup() functions or run getdistinctusers() on every group id you have to get your group memberships.
Children
No Data