Data From Editable Grid to be stored back in the database

I have created an editable grid with some values. The values are being fetched from the Database via data store. now i would like to update the changes(Addition, Deletion and updation) made in the grid to the Dashboard. Could you please guide me on how to proceed.

i have followed the steps present in the link
forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Recipes.html

Request your assistance.

OriginalPostID-257383

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @Sunder, to achieve first point follow the step as follows, in a form you have to take CDT which is multiple, and you need initialize that ri value by getting the data from data base(in process model initialize the ac variable by getting the data from database) you need to map this ac variable to form input, and this ri variable will be used to display the data in grid. So coming to your second point if the user is modifying any data in grid the will be saved in same ri variable and when user clicks submit in the process model you will pass this variable to write to data store entity smart service. To be simple, instead of local!items variable (which is specified in recepie)you need to take ri variable of type multiple hope this will help you
  • @Sunder, to achieve first point follow the step as follows, in a form you have to take CDT which is multiple, and you need initialize that ri value by getting the data from data base(in process model initialize the ac variable by getting the data from database) you need to map this ac variable to form input, and this ri variable will be used to display the data in grid. So coming to your second point if the user is modifying any data in grid the will be saved in same ri variable and when user clicks submit in the process model you will pass this variable to write to data store entity smart service. To be simple, instead of local!items variable (which is specified in recepie)you need to take ri variable of type multiple hope this will help you
Children
No Data