SAIL form data to submit into Database

Certified Associate Developer
Hi,

I am new to SAIL forms development.

I have a SAIL interface form with some text fields and dropdown fields with submit button. I need to insert the data feeded into those fields and store that into Database when the user click on Submit button.

Please help me.

OriginalPostID-258425

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    @jrmprasad we have many approaches to do this

1. Capture the form field data into rule input and configure the same interface under user input task, create user input and use ac! While passing the value of rule input for interface under form tab of user input task node, followed by write to data store entity smart service in process model, under input tab of write to data store entity, choose the type as rule input CDT data type, and create a input of type same CDT and pass the value as the process variable I.e. PV! which holds interface data

2. We can also directly call the smart service function, under saveInto of submit button, use a!writetodatastoreentity() function, where refer a constant as first parameter for entity type I.e. entityType, this constant will refer same data type as rule input
    Second parameter for this function will be your rule input I.E ri!...

This both approaches can persist the data into dB

Certified Lead Developer
    @jrmprasad we have many approaches to do this

1. Capture the form field data into rule input and configure the same interface under user input task, create user input and use ac! While passing the value of rule input for interface under form tab of user input task node, followed by write to data store entity smart service in process model, under input tab of write to data store entity, choose the type as rule input CDT data type, and create a input of type same CDT and pass the value as the process variable I.e. PV! which holds interface data

2. We can also directly call the smart service function, under saveInto of submit button, use a!writetodatastoreentity() function, where refer a constant as first parameter for entity type I.e. entityType, this constant will refer same data type as rule input
    Second parameter for this function will be your rule input I.E ri!...

This both approaches can persist the data into dB

Children
No Data