When invalid date is entered into a date field, value not resetting when saving {} to value

Certified Lead Developer
When invalid date is entered into a date field, value not resetting when saving {} to value

Text or non-compliant date entered e.g. ‘abc’ or ‘13/32/9999’
o          Default validation fires correctly
o          When clicking reset button to save {} or ‘’ to the date variable value, the date field remains with the user entered data

Customer wants to know if there is a way to clear this invalid data using a reset button. Now if they click reset nothing happens.

OriginalPostID-259012

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    I don't believe the a!dateField actually saves any value into the destination variable when an invalid input is entered. You can test this for yourself pretty easily by adding a read-only a!textField just after your date fields and populate it with the value of one of the destination variables.
    Assuming i'm right, i'm not sure what the solution would be considering that the reset button would have nothing to reset in this case. It might just need to be chalked up to a training issue.
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    I don't believe the a!dateField actually saves any value into the destination variable when an invalid input is entered. You can test this for yourself pretty easily by adding a read-only a!textField just after your date fields and populate it with the value of one of the destination variables.
    Assuming i'm right, i'm not sure what the solution would be considering that the reset button would have nothing to reset in this case. It might just need to be chalked up to a training issue.
Children
No Data