Advanced Call Web Service

Overview

This plug-in provides functions and smart services for connecting to SOAP-based web services. Where possible it is recommended to utilize the out of the box functionality.

Key Features & Functionality

The Advanced Call Web Service provides support for the following:

• Support for SOAP attachments
  • Support for Base64 attachments
  • Ability to call web services that do not explicitly declare the requirement for WS-Security UsernameToken in the WSDL policy
  • Ability to call web services that use a self-signed SSL certificate

The attachment provided with the download provides more information and examples. Where possible, use the base product Call Web Service functionality instead.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi,
    Trying to use the plugin to make a call to a service with simple authentication. I repeatedly receive 401 error. The key is configured in the third party credentials store ( 'username', 'password' ) and the values for them as far as I can see are correct, and in the 'Service Authentication' input of the smart service the '={ action: "USERNAME_TOKEN_PLAIN_PASSWORD, usernameTokenSystemKey: <name of key in store> }" value is set.

- Is there any way to see  the full request body without making Appian environment changes ?
     - Is there a way to send the credentials without resorting to third party credentials feature ?

Thank you,

• The authentication actions in this plug-in are specifically designed to work with WS-Security UsernameToken profile. Which is different to what I believe you're asking for (HTTP Basic Authentication). This one which uses the "Authorization" HTTP header to encode and send the credentials.

As this plug-in allows HTTP Headers to be se, it may be possible to pass the Authorization header however this would bypass the Third Party Credential store which is needed to securely and safely manage credentials.

• 'Manually' setting the data for HTTP Basic Authorization in the HTTP Headers input worked. For some reason, I still have to set 'USERNAME_TOKEN_PLAIN_PASSWORD' and use a key otherwise I get a java runtime exception (  java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid username token configuration provided' ), but it is at least a working solution until something better is found.
    Thank you for the support.

Comment
  • 'Manually' setting the data for HTTP Basic Authorization in the HTTP Headers input worked. For some reason, I still have to set 'USERNAME_TOKEN_PLAIN_PASSWORD' and use a key otherwise I get a java runtime exception (  java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid username token configuration provided' ), but it is at least a working solution until something better is found.
    Thank you for the support.

Children
No Data