Advanced Call Web Service

Overview

This plug-in provides functions and smart services for connecting to SOAP-based web services. Where possible it is recommended to utilize the out of the box functionality.

Key Features & Functionality

The Advanced Call Web Service provides support for the following:

• Support for SOAP attachments
  • Support for Base64 attachments
  • Ability to call web services that do not explicitly declare the requirement for WS-Security UsernameToken in the WSDL policy
  • Ability to call web services that use a self-signed SSL certificate

The attachment provided with the download provides more information and examples. Where possible, use the base product Call Web Service functionality instead.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi,

In Appian cloud environment  Im using the advanced web service call and the web service end-point WSDL and XSD imports were failing to load due to some network  infrastructure issues.   

I had to resort to  using Appian OOTB Call Web Service smart service in test process model to isolate root cause analysis because all the advanced web service code is just logging off the root message from exception call stack which results in generic "HTTP transport error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out" message.   For reference we had to use this plugin because web service WSDL / message definitions contain unsupported XSD schema types so we are hand building the XML message requests

For future support issue trouble shooting I was wondering if anyone knows where in Appian cloud environments the full exception stack might already be logged (I didn't see anything in  tomcat std out log file) or if there is some log configuration changes which I can request of  cloud support team to get them captured.

Thanks.

Bob 

Comment
  • Hi,

In Appian cloud environment  Im using the advanced web service call and the web service end-point WSDL and XSD imports were failing to load due to some network  infrastructure issues.   

I had to resort to  using Appian OOTB Call Web Service smart service in test process model to isolate root cause analysis because all the advanced web service code is just logging off the root message from exception call stack which results in generic "HTTP transport error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out" message.   For reference we had to use this plugin because web service WSDL / message definitions contain unsupported XSD schema types so we are hand building the XML message requests

For future support issue trouble shooting I was wondering if anyone knows where in Appian cloud environments the full exception stack might already be logged (I didn't see anything in  tomcat std out log file) or if there is some log configuration changes which I can request of  cloud support team to get them captured.

Thanks.

Bob 

Children
No Data