Base64 Document Database Integration

Overview

Provides the following two smart services that are database agnostic and supports dynamic queries.  

Key Features & Functionality

• Get Base64 Document from Database - Retrieves a document as a base64 string from a SQL query and converts it into an Appian document, returning the document id.
  • Insert Document as Base64 into Database - Takes an Appian document id, converts to Base64 and updates the database as specified by a SQL query.
Anonymous
Parents
  • Dear Community,

The Plug-In works well for us, we are using 'Get Base64 Document from Database' Smart Service.

The documents are downloaded and stored as expected only when there is a data in the database record.

However when the field is empty (we are missing document for certain record), the Process is paused with error. I was rather expecting it will get completed and pass the information to me with output variables 'isSuccess' and 'errorMessage', but for this specific use case it is just crashing.

I am looking for a smart workaround. I can think of using the Query Database node before to check if there is a value in the database and depending on it: end the process or move forward. However that seems not very efficient for me as i will query database twice with this process.

Do you see any other solution ?

Thank you in advance for all suggestions,
    Best Regards,
    Maciej

Comment
  • Dear Community,

The Plug-In works well for us, we are using 'Get Base64 Document from Database' Smart Service.

The documents are downloaded and stored as expected only when there is a data in the database record.

However when the field is empty (we are missing document for certain record), the Process is paused with error. I was rather expecting it will get completed and pass the information to me with output variables 'isSuccess' and 'errorMessage', but for this specific use case it is just crashing.

I am looking for a smart workaround. I can think of using the Query Database node before to check if there is a value in the database and depending on it: end the process or move forward. However that seems not very efficient for me as i will query database twice with this process.

Do you see any other solution ?

Thank you in advance for all suggestions,
    Best Regards,
    Maciej

Children