Calendar IO

Possible use cases

• Promoting Appian calendars between environments
  • Give non-Designers the ability to create/modify calendars and import them into Appian

Functionality

• Read Calendar
    • Read an already existing Appian calendar or create a new one if none exist with the given name. Returns a Calendar CDT
  • Import Appian calendar
    • Will only update Appian calendar if id and name matches
    • Similar behavior to writeToDataStoreEntity

The function: Save Calendar is deprecated as it used an old pattern bind which needs the load function which is also deprecated

Anonymous
  • Hello, after the updated the values for the Calendar seems to persist but not in the Process Calendars, two issues are occuring:

1 - I  the system Calendars it seems to put every day as non working day when creating the calendar

2 - The non working days are not be taken into consideration when doing workhours or workdays calculations.

Can this be solved ?

• Hi Francisco, the new version is already published in the Market

• Hello , Can you tell me how is it going? because its  an urgent matter with business impact.

Thanks 

Regards 

• v1.1.2 Release Notes
    • Fixed bug that caused error while importing calendars into Appian
  • Hi,

Can you please let us know when can we expect the latest version to be available?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi, 

it's still being reviewed, it will be published in the following days

• Hello, any news on this topic ?

Has the plugin been updated ? Currently the Last Update on the marketplace whas in last year.

Kind regards,

• Hi,

I think I got the error and fixed it, It is on the way to be updated in the AppMarket.

A lot of thanks, and sorry for delay

• Hi, thans for the reply, I am still not getting it to work, because we are updating for example 3 days to be non-working days, I can see entries get added in the Calendar CDT and when I save the process gets called to save the calendar and all goes fine. 

But it seems the changes themselves do not take effect, because if I reload those days do not appear as marked and the CDT value seems to be the default.

I have tested with your code and also using a simple caladddays but did not get it to skip the working days for the count.

Is there any step missing on our part ?

Kind regards

• Hi, sorry for the delay,

I agree with you that calendars seems to not being modified after changing working days when you look at them in the Process Calendar settings but, if you read the calendar and make some calculations you can verify that the change has being applied.

I suggest you to prepare a simple test, create a custom calendar, change the intervals of some working days and load it after to Appian using the "Import Appian Calendar" Smart Service, probably you still will see original values in the designer but, try a simple test calculating working ours and look at the results, my hope is that your interval changes are being used in that calculations.

This is an example of how could be the test, this is working properly, taking into account the changes I made on intervals

a!localVariables(
      local!testDateTime: todatetime("03/20/2021 9:00 am"),
      local!prueba2: readcalendar("prueba2"),
      {
        intervals: length(local!prueba2.specific[wherecontains(todate(local!testDateTime), todate(local!prueba2.specific.date))][1].entries),
        since: local!prueba2.specific[wherecontains(todate(local!testDateTime), todate(local!prueba2.specific.date))][1].entries[1].since,
        until: local!prueba2.specific[wherecontains(todate(local!testDateTime), todate(local!prueba2.specific.date))][1].entries[1].until,
        plus0: caladdhours(local!testDateTime, 0, "prueba2"),
        plus2: caladdhours(local!testDateTime, 2, "prueba2"),
        plus3: caladdhours(local!testDateTime, 3, "prueba2"),
        plus4: caladdhours(local!testDateTime, 4, "prueba2")
      }
    )

Finally, the plugin appears to not being updating the Calendar as it's done in the Designer, but the saved modifications are taken into account in working hour calculations.

Of course I will try to update the plugin to modify Calendars in a way visible from the Designer but could you verify that calculations are done well?