Excel Tools

Overview

Provides the following custom smart services and functions for handling data in Excel.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included are:

• Merge Excel Documents
  • Import CSV to Database
  • Import Excel to Database
  • Load CSV to Database
  • Convert HTML to CSV  
  • Convert Excel to CSV
  • Encrypt Excel with Password

Functions included are:

• Read Excel File Paged
  • Read Excel Cell by Name
  • Read Excel Cell by Number
  • Query Appian Logs
  • Export Datasubset to Base64
  • Validate Document Headers
Anonymous
  • Hi Satya, it is OK to use v2.2.9 right now as the deprecated APIs have not been removed. I'm preparing to release version 2.2.10 that will also include the fixes this situation.

• Hello,

when using the readexcelsheet() function I noticed the documentation for the "startRow" parameter says the first row is based on the 0 index. When I pass a 0 for that parameter, the function behaves as intended and reads all rows in the excel sheet. When I pass a 1 however, it performs the same behavior.

To exclude my headers on the first row, I have to pass the number 2 to the startRow parameter.

A small inconvenience, but thought I'd post here. Maybe the function is confused because the majority of Appian is based on an index base of 1? We're on version 20.2 in our Appian environment.

• I found the issue.  The permissions were not correct on the plugin files on the server.

• Is there a way to ignore columns with nulls when using the Import Excel to Database service?

• Hi All,

We are currently on Appian v20.2 and Excel Tools (v2.2.9). I have observed below deprecated Appian APIs are being used in the plug-in.

Could you please let me know if hey have any impact on the smart services or functions of the plug-in?

Thanks!

Satya B Andra.

• Hi All,

We are currently on Appian 20.2 and Excel Tools (v2.2.9). I have observed below depreacted Appian APIs are being used in the plug-in (From Health Check Report).

Excel Tools (com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools) references private and deprecated Appian APIs
    [private] com.appiancorp.common.xml.XmlBeanSerializer.populateObject(java.lang.Object, org.w3c.dom.Node)
    [private] com.appiancorp.services.ASLIdentity.getIdentity()
    [private] com.appiancorp.type.TypeRef.getId()
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.services.ServiceContext.getIdentity()
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.ServiceLocator.getContentService(com.appiancorp.services.ServiceContext)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.ServiceLocator.getGroupService(com.appiancorp.services.ServiceContext)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.ServiceLocator.getProcessAnalyticsService2(com.appiancorp.services.ServiceContext)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.ServiceLocator.getProcessDesignService(com.appiancorp.services.ServiceContext)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.ServiceLocator.getProcessExecutionService(com.appiancorp.services.ServiceContext)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.ServiceLocator.getTypeService(com.appiancorp.services.ServiceContext)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.ServiceLocator.getUserService(com.appiancorp.services.ServiceContext)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentService.getChildren(java.lang.Long, com.appiancorp.suiteapi.content.ContentFilter, java.lang.Integer)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.GenericTypedVariable.<init>()
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.GenericTypedVariable.setType(java.lang.Long)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.GenericTypedVariable.setValue(java.lang.Object)
    [deprecated] com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.analytics2.ProcessReport.copy()

Could you please let me know if they have any impact on smart services or functions of the plug-in?

Thank you.

Satya B Andra.

• anybody get the following error when using readexcelsheet():

Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error at function 'readexcelsheet' [line 2]:

test code:

readexcelsheet(
        excelDocument: 21324,
        sheetNumber: 0,
        startRow: 0
      ),

Verified document exists by trying: getcontentobjectdetailsbyid(21324).

• Getting an intermittent timeout error on the Import CSV to Database smart Service.
    Not made any changes that I'm aware of. Any particular logs to investigate 

• v2.2.9 Release Notes
    • The “Import CSV to DB” smart service now rolls back the transaction when an exception is thrown

• Can any please let me know the syntax of  Read Excel Cell by Name function, as I am not able to get it properly, any screenshot explaining would be greatly helpful .

Thanks in advance!!!