JMeter for Appian

Overview

Using this plug-in JMeter provides an easy way record and replay Appian processes.

JMeter for Appian accomplishes this by hooking into JMeter's Test Script Recorder mechanism. It alters the behavior of most HTTP requests so that additional logic runs when the test is recorded. This logic extracts the standard dynamic values that are passed back and forth when a user interacts with Appian.

Key Features & Functionality

This JMeter plug-in will add post processing to Appian requests/responses to:

• Automatically handle headers for authentication
  • Automatically handle parameterization of context, _cIds and saveIntos in SAIL requests/responses
  • Automatically handle parameterization of taskIds for chained tasks
  • Automatically handle parameterization of docIds for uploads
  • Automatically handle parameterization of cacheKeys/parameters

The plug-in does not attempt to parameterize end user entered data. This could however be added to the generated test script.

Anonymous
Parents
  • The version of JMeter (4.0) required is no longer working with the latest browsers when recording. Version 5.2.1 will record, but the plugin need updating. I was trying to find the source so I could update it myself, but I can find nothing. How do we proceed?

Comment
  • The version of JMeter (4.0) required is no longer working with the latest browsers when recording. Version 5.2.1 will record, but the plugin need updating. I was trying to find the source so I could update it myself, but I can find nothing. How do we proceed?

Children