JSON Tools

Overview

Given a huge JSON to process and store in the database, this plug-in avoids using a long string in the process model and improves performances and memory usage. The big JSON can then be stored in a document and the document passed to the plug-in through a process instance.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services:

• Load JSON to a database
  • Cast a JSON Array document to CSV document

Functions:

• Validate a JSON
  • Validate a JSON against a schema
  • Remap a JSON
  • Filter a within a JSON
Anonymous
  • v1.0.4 Release Notes
    • Security updates
  • can you provide us with an example how to provide inputs for JSON Path in Load JSON Document To Database node?

• Hello,

I Will provide a new documentation as soon as possible.

• would you be able to provide updated documentation for version 1.0.3 along with screenshots of an example? I am getting the error message: Error parsing JSON Content Or audit data, and am trying to understand which specific parameter is wrong. Thanks

• Release Notes - v1.0.3
    • Security updates
  • v1.0.2 Release Notes
    • Security updates
  • Load JSON Document To Database

This Smart Service load a JSON document content from Appian Folder to an indicated table. Keys present in the JSON could be eventually be transform by specifying the correct mapping through the input "JSON key/Column Name mapping". If not specify, the JSON keys must be consider as column name. It is also possible to manage a subset of keys by specifying them through the input field "Columns To Process".

InputData                         Description

Table Name                     The table where to load the content

Data Source Name         The data source name

JSON Document                                Document containing the data

JSON Path                                         The JSON Path of the array to process

JSON Fields Match                            A dictionary containing key pair value to filter data from the array to process

JSON key/Column Name mapping    A dictionary containing key pair JSNON key target table column name

Columns To Process                          Subset of columns name to be process from the JSON

Unique Index Columns                       A text list containing unique index columns

Table Audit fields                                A dictionary containing audit data like created date, updated by

Hope this can help. I will soon provide a sample App to help the user to quickly start with the plugin

• Load JSON Document To Database

This Smart Service load a JSON document content from Appian Folder to an indicated table. Keys present in the JSON could be eventually be transform by specifying the correct mapping through the input "JSON key/Column Name mapping". If not specify, the JSON keys must be consider as column name. It is also possible to manage a subset of keys by specifying them through the input field "Columns To Process".

InputData                         Description

Table Name                     The table where to load the content

Data Source Name         The data source name

JSON Document                                Document containing the data

JSON Path                                         The JSON Path of the array to process

JSON Fields Match                            A dictionary containing key pair value to filter data from the array to process

JSON key/Column Name mapping    A dictionary containing key pair JSNON key target table column name

Columns To Process                          Subset of columns name to be process from the JSON

Unique Index Columns                       A text list containing unique index columns

Table Audit fields                                A dictionary containing audit data like created date, updated by

Hope this can help. I will soon provide a sample App to help the user to quickly start with the plugin

• Hi Guy, I have requirement to load the data in to database when Json file is provided. I could not see much documentation for the smart service - "Load JSON to a database". Can you please share if you have any detailed document where it provides what exactly the nodes are expecting in order to run smoothly (if possible with some example)?