Personalization Utilities

Overview

Contains a collection of Functions and Smart Services under the Identity Management palette:

Smart Services:

• Rename Custom Group:
    • Allows you to change the name to any group, even if it is a custom group
  • Create Custom Title:
    • Creates a custom title to be displayed in the Title dropdown when creating a user account
  • Rename Custom Title:
    • Allows the renaming of a custom title due to organizational changes or the discarding of a duplicate title
  • Deactivate Users:
    • Deactivate multiple users at the same time
  • Reactivate Users:
    • Reactivate multiple users at the same time
  • Create User With i18n:
    • Allows you to set the locale, the timezone and calendar preferences for the user to be created
      • Please note: DOES NOT Send Temporary Credentials Email
  • Import Users from CSV Smart Service
    • A template is included with this download

Key Features & Functionality

• isUsernameAvailableForNewAccount()
    • Wrapper to call the isusernameavailable() method in the UserService API.
  • getDeactivatedUsersBy()
    • Allows you to search for deactivated users based on different fields, values for those fields and two operators (1:EQUALS and 2:CONTAINS)
  • getUsersBy()
    • Allows you to search for active users based on different fields, values for those fields and two operators (1:EQUALS and 2:CONTAINS)
  • userSearch()
    • Allows you to do a multi-field search. Syntax is "userSearch(Text[] property, Number[] operator, Text[] value)"
Anonymous
Parents
  • I'm trying to use the "Time Zone" setting in the "Create User with i18n" smart service - but there's no clue given as to what the accepted text value(s) are.  I tried "America_New York" which (per Appian Documentation) is the proper thing to pass into the modern version of the "Update User Profile Smart Service", but when that value is passed to the i18n, nothing happens (created users default to GMT just as they do when it's blank - the environment's default is already set to EST before you ask).  There isn't any actual documentation provided with this plug-in so i'm not sure where else to look for this information.  cc  

• Thanks, Mike. To help further, we recommend submitting a feedback request using the Report an Issue button. 

Comment Children
No Data