Send HTTP Request

This plug-in is deprecated, unmaintained and no longer recommended for use. Refactor applications utilizing the functionality of this component to use alternatives. The functionality is available in Appian (without a plug-in) using the Integration Object.

Contains multiple Smart Services and Custom Functions which allow you to send an HTTP Request to an endpoint.

Supported request types are:

• GET
  • HEAD
  • PUT
  • DELETE

Examples use cases include:

• Google search queries
  • Calling REST APIs (e.g. Twitter updates, send SMS message)
  • Sending SOAP XML to a Web Service
  • Getting binary files over HTTP
Anonymous
Parents
  • Now the response that I get is null from the function. Is that expected? The Smart Service that I used in the process model seems more promising because there I atleast get the 401 error even though I have provided the scskey. Anyway to solve either of these two issues?

• The function will only return the response body from the API endpoint. That is why you are receiving null as an output. If you want to receive the response code, body, header and error message, Please use smart service instead of function.

For testing, create a hello world template Web API in Appian and use your Appian login credentials from TPC. If this does not help your question, let us know.

Comment
  • The function will only return the response body from the API endpoint. That is why you are receiving null as an output. If you want to receive the response code, body, header and error message, Please use smart service instead of function.

For testing, create a hello world template Web API in Appian and use your Appian login credentials from TPC. If this does not help your question, let us know.

Children
No Data