SFTP Smart Services

Overview

Contains multiple Smart Services for interacting with a remote file server via SFTP, FTP, or SCP.  Using these services, an Appian application can be configured to send and receive files, folders, and metadata in a process.  Features support for zlib compression.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included:

• SFTP:
    • Remove Directory Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Send File Over SFTP
    • Send File Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Receive File Over SFTP
    • Receive File Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Rename File Over SFTP
    • Get Remote Directory Contents Over SFTP
    • Get Remote Directory Contents Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Create Directory Over SFTP
    • Create Directory Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
  • SCP:
    • Send File Over SCP
    • Receive File Over SCP
  • FTP:
    • Send File Over FTP
    • Receive File Over FTP
    • Receive Folder Over FTP
  • FTPS
    • Receive Folder Over FTPS
    • Send File Over FTPS (Basic Credentials)

All smart services in the package use Secure Credentials Store.

Anonymous
  • Hey Raza,

I have some problems with plugin send file over FTP. I think i put wrong value into Remote File Path - I've read documanation but i saw you put there some function as a value to your process variable. Can you share with me this fucntion? Can you send this function? 

Thanks in advance 

Dawid

• I keep receiving the below error when using the "Send File Over SFTP" node:

Error establishing SFTP connection. Confirm your hostname, username and password. See application server log for more details. Error Message: Unable to retrieve credentials from SCS: Required field username does not exist in SCS (sftp.functions)	

However, I know the SCS includes a "username" attribute. What could the issue be?

• Does this plugin contain the ability to create a folder in the remote file server?

• To use the service - you should just have to set the parameters. The handshakes etc - should be taken care of by the underlying library - jsch-0.1.54. 

Server Hostname * (Text) - The hostname/ip address of the SFTP Server

Server Port * (Number (Integer)) - The port number (typically 22)

SFTP Username * (Text) - The user name of the account on the SFTP Server

SFTP Password * (Text)Server File Path * (Text) - The password of the user account on the SFTP Server

Server File Path* (Text) - the destination directory on the SFTP Server

Server File Name (Text) - Optional - The name of the file, the documents name is used if this option, isn't specified. 

Document to Copy * (Document) - The Appian Document to transmit over SFTP. 

--------------

Note: You should be able to check the app server log to see more details about why the service is failing. 

• To use the service - you should just have to set the parameters.

• Hi ... anyone please provide the documentation for the sftp basic creditals configuration , usin sendfileoversftp (basic creditails) ... i have provide all the details and sftp server side has confirmed the details used . even then giving connectivity error.

can someone help in ths issue ? 

• Does this smart service automically generates appian public key , appian sftp finger print. These details been asked by the server guys where I am trying to send files

• I tried using sftp basic credit ails smart services. I have given all the server details but getting an error , 

• Just to provide more information, our client is running the latest version of Appian (v19.3) on the Appian Cloud.  They DO NOT want to open up VPN connectivity due to security concerns.  So we are considering this SFTP option as an alternative wherein we deliver .csv flat files from the Appian Cloud to an on-premise remote location.  

• Hi, I am looking to see if this is a viable option to send flat files from Appian Cloud to an on-premise location. The plugin has a "Remote File Path" parameter that it takes. Can this be used for our use case ? Thanks, Raj