Slack Integration

Overview

Whether you want to send a user a quick reminder to complete their task or update a channel about the latest news from your application, the Slack Integration application by Macedon Technologies allows you to start sending messages within minutes. Simplicity and ease-of-use are at the core of this component - it can be installed and configured by anyone with basic Appian training and does not require a custom Slack application. The core messaging features are exposed both via process models as well as expression rules, so it can easily be incorporated into your existing Appian applications without refactoring. Intuitive, easy-to-use functionality means that you don't have to spend time worrying about the Slack ID values for users and channels - the app takes care of everything for you, allowing rapid implementation and a quick value-add for any project!

Key Features & Functionality

• Rapid installation and configuration: This component has no special requirements for installation and can be used within minutes of download
  • Send direct message to users: This function allows you to supply a message and an Appian user; the app then does the heavy lifting of locating the corresponding Slack user and sending the message
  • Post message to channel: Similarly, specify the message and a channel name - the app will locate the matching channel, join the channel if necessary, and post the message
  • Bot user to send messages: Messages sent in Slack will be displayed as "Appian Notifications", making it easy for users to identify automated messages and avoiding confusion
  • Expression rule and process model functions: Whether you need to send a message after a user interacts with a UI or while you are executing a process, this application can easily conform to your use case
  • Easy to deploy and maintain: Once you've configured the application on one environment, you can use that same configuration on other environments as long as they are pointing to the same Slack workspace
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hello, can a text message be sent to a Slack channel upon the completion of a process instance?  For example, I need to text a user when an action is needed to be taken by them and I'd like to include a record link in that text.

Comment
  • Hello, can a text message be sent to a Slack channel upon the completion of a process instance?  For example, I need to text a user when an action is needed to be taken by them and I'd like to include a record link in that text.

Children
  • Sure! In your case, you'd probably want to take advantage of the "SLK Send Direct Message to User" process model. You can add this in as a subprocess to your existing process; you would pass in as parameters the message you want to send and an Appian user, and as long as that user also exists in your Slack workspace, they will receive the message.

If you'd rather send the message to a channel rather than an individual user, you can use the "SLK Post Message to Channel" process model, which works in a similar way, but sends messages to a whole channel rather than an individual user.