Impossible to login on a fresh 17.1 install

A Score Level 2

Hello

I've proceed to the installation of a new fresh 17.1 appian (+Hotfix D), on a windows laptop (using the Quick start installation guide for windows and Jboss https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/17.1/Quick_Start_Installation_Guide_for_Windows_and_JBoss.html).

Unfortunately, impossible to login with the initial system administrator account defined in the passwords.properties file.

Moreover, my applicaiton-server.log file is almost empty.

Does anybody have an idea about what could cause this issue and how to solve it ? 

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to sergeiz

Hello Serge

I had a look in the jboss EAP log file, but there is only an error mentionned for the log4j system, but nothing about logging issue

16:13:18,689 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2) log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration).

16:13:18,691 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2) log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

16:13:18,692 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2) log4j:WARN See  for more info.

I've never seen this log4j issue before 

5226.server.log

Children
  • Agree, no issues in the jboss log.

Does passwords.properties file work as described?

You created file for the environment, used temporary password, and the file was deleted after server start?

--- quote ---
    Create an Initial System Administrator Account
    In order to create Appian users in the Administration Console, you will need to create a system administrator account at start-up.

In the <REPO_HOME>\ear\suite.ear\conf directory, make a copy of passwords.properties.example and rename it to passwords.properties.<ENVIRONMENT>. Specify the following properties in the file:

conf.password.ADMIN_USERNAME=
    conf.password.ADMIN_FIRST_NAME=
    conf.password.ADMIN_LAST_NAME=
    conf.password.ADMIN_EMAIL=
    conf.password.ADMIN_TEMPORARY_PASSWORD=
    conf.password.ADMIN_TEMPORARY_PASSWORD is the password that will be used to log in for the first time. The user will be prompted to change their password upon logging in.

A user will be created only if there are currently no active system administrator users on the system. The specified user information must follow all the same requirements as creating a user from within Appian to be created successfully.

The passwords.properties.<ENVIRONMENT> file is read and then deleted from the file system during application server startup.
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to sergeiz
    Yes, I&#x27;ve setup the password.properties.ENV file as expected in the repo, it has been deployed and then deleted by the system.