Impossible to login on a fresh 17.1 install

A Score Level 2

Hello

I've proceed to the installation of a new fresh 17.1 appian (+Hotfix D), on a windows laptop (using the Quick start installation guide for windows and Jboss https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/17.1/Quick_Start_Installation_Guide_for_Windows_and_JBoss.html).

Unfortunately, impossible to login with the initial system administrator account defined in the passwords.properties file.

Moreover, my applicaiton-server.log file is almost empty.

Does anybody have an idea about what could cause this issue and how to solve it ? 

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi jeanb,

The error I can see in your application server log is as follows:

16:15:26,648 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 56) 2017-05-19 16:15:26,647 [ServerService Thread Pool -- 56] ERROR com.appiancorp.suite.PasswordConfiguration - Could not create system administrator Administrator from passwords.properties: Could not create system administrator user "Administrator" as specified in password.properties: The username is not available

Are you trying to create the initial administrator account with the username "Administrator"? If so, please change this to another username as "Administrator" is not available, as it is created by default.

Also it is very important to modify your web.xml file to allow for insecure cookies. See Part 6 in the following:

docs.appian.com/.../Quick_Start_Installation_Guide_for_Windows_and_JBoss.html
  • Hi jeanb,

The error I can see in your application server log is as follows:

16:15:26,648 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 56) 2017-05-19 16:15:26,647 [ServerService Thread Pool -- 56] ERROR com.appiancorp.suite.PasswordConfiguration - Could not create system administrator Administrator from passwords.properties: Could not create system administrator user "Administrator" as specified in password.properties: The username is not available

Are you trying to create the initial administrator account with the username "Administrator"? If so, please change this to another username as "Administrator" is not available, as it is created by default.

Also it is very important to modify your web.xml file to allow for insecure cookies. See Part 6 in the following:

docs.appian.com/.../Quick_Start_Installation_Guide_for_Windows_and_JBoss.html
Children
No Data