Problem when starting Jboss while installing Appian 17.3

Hi everyone, I have encountered a problem when I attempt to start Jboss during the installation of Appain 17.3 

the suite.ear.failed file showed the details below:

"{\"JBAS014771: Services with missing/unavailable dependencies\" => [
\"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean]\",
\"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean]\",
\"jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"email-handler.jar\\\".INSTALL is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
\"jboss.naming.context.java.module.suite.web.env.jms.InternalConnectionFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.resources.jms.InternalConnectionFactory]\",
\"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean]\",
\"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean]\",
\"jboss.naming.context.java.module.suite.web.env.jms.TransientTopic is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.resources.jms.TransientTopic]\",
\"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean]\",
\"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean]\",
\"jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".INSTALL is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"unattended-request-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
\"jboss.deployment.unit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".deploymentCompleteService is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"email-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService, jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService, jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"unattended-request-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\"
]}"

while the appian-ds.xml.undeployed file indicates the unsuccessful status.

server.log is attached for your reference. Could you please let me know what part did I missed?

appian forum_server.log

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi ,

Is your isntallation a fresh installation or upgrade? if it is an upgrade, could you please check again with your connection with the Data Store?
  • Hi ,
    I have installed Hotfix-B over my 18.1 Appian installation.
    What do you mean by connection with Data?? if you meant by connection string apian-ds.xml.dev file then it is there
    For your information: I haven't run configuration or deployment commands through configure.bat script..

I have just installed the updates and ran the engine straightforwardly after that...

The above error message starts appearing once we ran Jboss in standalone mode

Thanx
  • Dear ,

For my understanding, Appian may not be run if you do not deploy the configuration through configure.bat. (i.e. instead of appian-ds.xml.dev, the file in your <JBOSS_HOME>/standalone/deployments/ should be appian-ds.xml , which its .dev extension is should be gone after deployment through configure.bat script.)
  • Dear ,

Please allow me to share with you the steps I took when setting up Appian:

1. Install Appian
    2. Install the Hotfix
    3. Install the Appian Liscenses
    4. Install JBoss
    5. Setup the repo repository and Register an environment (e.g. Dev)
    6. Configure the 4 files "appian-ds.xml.Dev","standalone.xml.Dev","custom.properties.Dev","appian-topology.xml.Dev".
    7. Configure Relational Databases
    8. Configure Service Manager Password
    9. Use the configure script to validate your environment's configuration and deploy Appian. (by then all the .dev suffix from the deployed docs in step 6 should be removed.)
    10. Configure "web.xml"
    11. Copy appian-topology.xml from <APPIAN_HOME>/ear/suite.ear/conf to <APPIAN_HOME>/data-server/conf
    12. Create blank appian-ds.xml.dodeploy and suite.ear.dodeploy file
    13. Start Appian

Please let me know if you have any questions going through the steps above.