starting appian

hello All,

I am trying to install appian on my local machine and I have refereed https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/17.4/Quick_Start_Installation_Guide_for_Windows_and_JBoss.html#part-ten-deploy-the-configurations for the installation and i am  stuck on 

Part Twelve: Start Appian and Log In

where they said to start # <APPIAN_HOME>\services\bin\start.bat -p <password> -s all and I did that and it has started to run files on cmd but  it is talking too long I am waiting for like 1 hr and there is no progress it says "waiting for service manager to launch?" I think it is stuck somewhere

can someone help me 

screenshot has been attached.

Thanks in advance 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Can you pls check your java jdk version? I had the same issue which got resolved after installing the latest java jdk...also update JAVA_HOME environment variable and PATH variable with JAVA_HOME/bin. When you specify a folder name that has spaces in between, use quotes around it. For example "C:\Program Files\Java\Jdk"....since there is a space between the words "Program Files".
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to aswinb608
    I have jdk-8u161-windows-i586 (1) and also I just checked and it says that it is trying to launch service manager from a path but service manager.exe is not at that location it is on to a different location and i think the issue is with the license as I have installed 17.4 but i got the license for 18.1 but at the same time when i tried to validate the dev environment there was no error so is that the problem or something else?
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to aswinb608
    I have jdk-8u161-windows-i586 (1) and also I just checked and it says that it is trying to launch service manager from a path but service manager.exe is not at that location it is on to a different location and i think the issue is with the license as I have installed 17.4 but i got the license for 18.1 but at the same time when i tried to validate the dev environment there was no error so is that the problem or something else?
Children