HI. I am starting up for the first time the JBoss server. My database is a

HI.
I am starting up for the first time the JBoss server. My database is a SQL server 2008 and I am using the sqljdbc4.jar. This installation is on Linux.When processing the file "appian-ds.xml" following error occurs.
"10:06:55,459 INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018559: Deployed "appian-ds.xml"
10:09:31,705 WARN [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.suite.ear" is using a private module ("com.sun.jsf-impl:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.
10:09:31,825 WARN [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.suite.ear" is using a private module ("com.sun.jsf-impl:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.
10:09:32,065 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RADeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020001: Required license terms for file:...

OriginalPostID-81718

OriginalPostID-81718

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Sergio, just to add more information to what has been discussed here, I'd like to point out that there's a mismatch between your appian-ds.xml and your custom.properties.

If you look at your appian-ds.xml you will see that you have:

use-java-context="false"

which means you are telling JBoss not to pre-append the "java:" context to your JNDI name, therefore your JNDI name will only be jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS but later in custom.properties you are telling Appian exactly the opposite since you are appending the java: context.

My suggestion would be:

1. Stop JBoss
    2. Delete <JBOSS_HOME>\\server\\log
    3. Edit custom.properties to look like this
    conf.data.primary.datasource=jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS

4. Start JBoss
    5. Make sure JBoss is deploying your data source looking at the log from top to bottom and find a line like this:

INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS010400: Bound data source [jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS]
    6. Then review that Appian can "see" this data source by scrolling down and making sure there's no longer an error.
  • Sergio, just to add more information to what has been discussed here, I'd like to point out that there's a mismatch between your appian-ds.xml and your custom.properties.

If you look at your appian-ds.xml you will see that you have:

use-java-context="false"

which means you are telling JBoss not to pre-append the "java:" context to your JNDI name, therefore your JNDI name will only be jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS but later in custom.properties you are telling Appian exactly the opposite since you are appending the java: context.

My suggestion would be:

1. Stop JBoss
    2. Delete <JBOSS_HOME>\\server\\log
    3. Edit custom.properties to look like this
    conf.data.primary.datasource=jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS

4. Start JBoss
    5. Make sure JBoss is deploying your data source looking at the log from top to bottom and find a line like this:

INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS010400: Bound data source [jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS]
    6. Then review that Appian can "see" this data source by scrolling down and making sure there's no longer an error.
Children
No Data