HI. I am starting up for the first time the JBoss server. My database is a

HI.
I am starting up for the first time the JBoss server. My database is a SQL server 2008 and I am using the sqljdbc4.jar. This installation is on Linux.When processing the file "appian-ds.xml" following error occurs.
"10:06:55,459 INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018559: Deployed "appian-ds.xml"
10:09:31,705 WARN [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.suite.ear" is using a private module ("com.sun.jsf-impl:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.
10:09:31,825 WARN [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.suite.ear" is using a private module ("com.sun.jsf-impl:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.
10:09:32,065 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RADeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020001: Required license terms for file:...

OriginalPostID-81718

OriginalPostID-81718

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• .../usr/local/appian/ear/suite.ear/email-poller.rar/
    10:09:32,627 INFO [org.jboss.as.ejb3] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS014142: Started message driven bean 'JmsTransientTopicHandlerBean' with 'hornetq-ra' resource adapter
    10:09:34,010 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RADeployer] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ020002: Deployed: file:/usr/local/appian/ear/suite.ear/email-poller.rar/
    10:09:34,069 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RADeployer] (MSC service thread 1-2) IJ020002: Deployed: file:/usr/local/appian/ear/suite.ear/unattended-request-poller.rar/
    10:09:42,293 INFO [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-4) 2013-09-19 10:09:42,293 [MSC service thread 1-4] INFO com.appiancorp.rdbms.config.PrimaryDataSourceConfig - Validating and initializing the primary data source: java:/jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS
    10:09:43,388 WARN [org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.PoolBySubject] (MSC service thread 1-4) IJ000604: Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: nu...
  • ...ll: javax.resource.ResourceException: Could not create connection
              at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnectionFactory.getXAManagedConnection(XAManagedConnectionFactory.java:447)
    .............................................."

Any suggestions??

Thanks.
  • Most of the above lines are Warnings (Not errors) Your real issue is the last one where it says could not create connection and I believe this is due to some mis-configuration in your DS file. Which version of Appian are you using? Make sure you take an example available on Appian Forum under the correct version of your Appian instance (By default, you'll see the documentation for the latest version of Appian). It is quite likely that your JNDI name is using javaContext=true() and your JNDI name being referenced has java:/jdbc.
  • Thanks sathya. In file "appian-ds.xml" i have nex configuration:
    <xa-datasource
    jndi-name="jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS"
    pool-name="SqlServerDS"
    use-java-context="false">
    On the odre hand in file ../suite.ear/conf/custom.properties I have the following:
    conf.data.primary.datasource=java:/jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS

Can you help me, please??
  • Your configuration seems to be correct. The only difference is that I have an additional attribute called enabled="true" after use-java-context attribute.

The next thing to check would be the rest of your config. Check your configuration of the connection parameters are correct and working.
  • Sergio, just to add more information to what has been discussed here, I'd like to point out that there's a mismatch between your appian-ds.xml and your custom.properties.

If you look at your appian-ds.xml you will see that you have:

use-java-context="false"

which means you are telling JBoss not to pre-append the "java:" context to your JNDI name, therefore your JNDI name will only be jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS but later in custom.properties you are telling Appian exactly the opposite since you are appending the java: context.

My suggestion would be:

1. Stop JBoss
    2. Delete <JBOSS_HOME>\\server\\log
    3. Edit custom.properties to look like this
    conf.data.primary.datasource=jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS

4. Start JBoss
    5. Make sure JBoss is deploying your data source looking at the log from top to bottom and find a line like this:

INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS010400: Bound data source [jdbc/Appian_Admin_DS]
    6. Then review that Appian can "see" this data source by scrolling down and making sure there's no longer an error.
  • Thank you very much. The problem was that the sql server port was closed at the firewall.
  • Hi Eduardo, Can you help me??? Also I have to perform a pre-authentication. The documentation is not very clear on this point. Could you give me information about this?. Any information that might help, paths where I leave the files, which files should be created and how to make them, ......
    Many thanks